3. Lunch with my agent so we could finally sit and chat and get to know each other. Awesome!
4. Hearing from Beth and other librarians and teachers just how much they loved Mockingbird. Wow.
5. Reading a passage from THE WIZARD OF OZ for the internet.
6. Attending friends’ book signings — Moira Donohue, Kim Norman, Jackie Jules, Sara Holmes, Tom Angleberger, and sorry about those I couldn’t get to!
7. Yelling barrista at Starbucks.
8. Crowd in the convention center lobby watching the World Cup US v. Ghana game.
9. Meeting the wonderful sales rep instrumental in organizing my book tour!
10. Meeting Laura, the wonderful girl (and, I understand, children’s librarian!) who has read all the Newbery winners (at age 10!), applied for and received a grant to run a mock Newbery, and wrote a lovely review of Mockingbird — thank you for coming by! It was the highlight of my trip!